My wife and I have been team driving for Bison USA for just over two years, today is a bittersweet day. We cleaned off our truck and handed our keys in. We had the time of our life driving around the country, but felt it was time for us to take a break, for personal reasons.
On our last trip home we talked about how much we’re going to miss it. We would like to thank everyone at Bison USA for all there hard work and for always getting us home when we needed to be. And a special thanks to Dave Bison USA for sticking his neck out for us and letting me train Tracy. You are the best employer and friend I’ve ever worked for. If there are any drivers out there looking for a GREAT company to drive for,this one’s it. We will miss you all terribly!
TOM AND TRACE
In July I will have been a driver at Bison USA for 10 years. What has impressed me most is their honesty and integrity. I just smile when I hear about what other trucking companies put their drivers through. I AM SPOILED. I challenge anyone to give me a name of a trucking company that treats their drivers better.
Here is a list of what I like most about Bison USA.
- 100% no touch loads.
- Practical miles (not computer miles).
- The very few times I sit at a dock I get detention pay.
- My 34 hour reset has been at home and not on the road.
- Layover pay, if something happens to hold you up on the road.
- If I choose to drive on a holiday, I get holiday pay.
- Only twice I’ve had more than 1 pick or drop.
- Most of my reloads have been drop & hook.
- Paid vacation time.
- Quarterly mile and safety pay (it’s been around $1000)
- I am retired military so don’t know much about medical insurance.
- All trucks have a refrigerator.
- All trucks have 110V power.
- All trucks have either APUs or Cab Climate Control (battery powered APU).
- Many more benefits not listed.
In summary I drove over 150,000 miles last year and was normally home in my own bed 3 nights a week. I was never told when I was to go out, I tell them when I am going out again. In 10 years I’ve had 6 brand new trucks. I love the I-shift and E-logs and NO LIES FROM THE DISPATCHERS.